Artists, and those wishing to support the charity, are warmly welcomed to Join the Society as Friends.
Supporters may also enquire about sponsorship and advertising opportunities.
The Society warmly welcomes new members joining initially as ‘Friends’ who may be artists or non artists. ‘Friends’ enjoy all benefits of membership, including the opportunity to submit work for the exhibitions organised by the Society. Traditionally these exhibitions contain a significant proportion of work by ‘Friends’, but it should be noted that all work shown at these exhibitions is subject to selection by a panel of judges, regardless of membership level.
As a member you will receive several benefits. As previously mentioned, one of the main advantages of membership is that this gives the opportunity to submit work at the prestigious Annual Exhibition, in which prizes are awarded each year for outstanding work in various categories.
Other benefits include receipt of the Society’s newsletter (published four times per annum), the opportunity to participate in local workshops /discussion groups(at a discounted rate),the opportunity to showcase work on this website, with links to your own site. We also have a lively facebook page that keeps you up to date with upcoming events.
There is naturally an expectation that members will endeavour to uphold the good name and standing of the Society and support its objectives. As the Society depends upon voluntary help with the organisation and running of exhibitions, as well as the administration / management, it is hoped that members who are able to do so will, from time to time, offer support with these tasks.
- How to join – Membership Enquiries
- If you have any questions about membership please contact Laura Barber-Riley, the Membership Secretary – details on the Contact Us page.
- Download a membership form (which has on it the instructions for completion (postal applications only – see form and Constitution for full details)
- Entry into the Society is as a Friend (see Constitution para 7.iv) – anyone may join – there is no artistic assessment required at this level.
- Promotion to Associate, and then Full Member, IS based on artistic merit, and requires a period of acceptance of works for the Annual Exhibition, and a review by a panel of Full Members. See Promotion Procedures for more details
- Click for a
- Artists who were previously promoted to Associate or Full Membership and wish to rejoin the Society may do so at their previous membership level, on payment of the appropriate subscription plus £10 rejoining fee on the first occasion. If membership has lapsed more than once they must pay two full years subscriptions as the rejoining fee plus the subscription for the forthcoming year
- Full Members who no longer wish to exhibit but wish to retain an interest with the Society may renew at the reduced rate of £30.
- How to get your works on the website