|Click on larger image for lightbox show|
The SEA week-long Residential Workshop 2017
Friday 2nd June to Friday 9th June
AT PORLOCK VALE HOUSE, PORLOCK WEIR,
PORLOCK, SOMERSET, TA24 8PE
The hugely popular Porlock Residential Workshop returns in 2017 by kind permission of the new owners of Porlock Vale House. Take this wonderful opportunity to spend the week painting from life in gorgeous surroundings of the Exmoor National Park with other like-minded people of all levels of ability.
It’s a wonderful opportunity to meet new people and try new things under the guidance of our experienced tutors in a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. You will be based in a large Edwardian Hunting Lodge (1904) built in an Arts & Crafts style with uninterrupted views down to the sea and just a short walk to Porlock Weir. With a strong equestrian reputation the property was also the training ground for the 1952 British Olympic equestrian team, who went on to win Gold in Helsinki.
Our tutors are the highly regarded artists Malcolm Coward HSEA, Colin Allbrook ROI RSMA HSEA and Barry Peckham ROI RSMA HSEA.
- Arrive at your leisure on Friday morning and settle in to your room. NOTE: If you feel that you would like to travel to Porlock the previous day we would suggest booking overnight at one of the local B&Bs or the Porlock Weir Hotel.
- The first workshop starts at lunchtime
- The final workshop will be on Thursday June 8, with a final evening meal together
- Guests depart on Friday morning after a leisurely breakfast
All meals are provided and you will be hosted by the wonderful team of Jim and Jean Power. Mandy the groom will be holding horses for us, which will be selected from three hunters. As well as one or two additional activities to be confirmed, including painting up on the moor, it is also planned to visit an Exmoor Pony Centre during the week.
- Friday to Friday full board and all tuition – £495pp (£550 single room occupancy).
- Single day workshop – £40pp per day
- Overnight stay full board – £40pp per night
- Artists to supply their own materials
- Non painting partners are welcome
Please contact Jenny Bell for more information and to book your place: Jennifer Bell, • 0115 9812547.
Thanks to the generous support of the British Sporting Art Trust TWO SEA bursaries are available for this fantastic workshop, which covers the full cost of tuition, accommodation and food. Travel expenses are the responsibility of the applicant. Any level of membership may apply. Closing date March 31st and you will be notified if you have been successful or not by April 7th. BURSARY APPLICATIONS >>