Details of 2018 SEA workshops will be published here as soon as they become available.
This was the final workshop for 2017. You can read more about it here, and please keep an eye on this page for details of 2018 workshops as they are published…
2018 workshop plans in progress
- March – workshop locations are being explored.
- April – Society of Equestrian Artists Annual General Meeting. Read about the 2017 AGM here…
- May – the SEA is planning to return to Woburn Stud, Bedfordshire, to coincide with an Open Day for invited guests.
- June – The SEA week-long Residential Workshop 2018 in Porlock, Somerset. Read about the 2017 workshop here…
- July – Masterclass: bones/muscles. A two-day masterclass with Gillian Higgins (Horses Inside Out, Leicestershire) on equine anatomy for artists; bones and muscles in depth. Last August’s masterclass was excellent, and this repeat is due to demand from people on that workshop. Read about the 2017 workshop and register your interest for 2018 here…
- August – a potential midweek workshop with Ben Atkinson Stunt Horses, Humberside combined with a day of donkeys and heavy horses at Bransby Rescue, north of Lincoln.
Don’t forget that bursaries are available from the SEA for each official workshop. To apply, in the first instance, with a short statement (up to 500 words) on:
- Who you are
- Which workshop you would like to be considered for
- Why you are applying for a bursary
- How you feel attending the workshop will benefit you
- Please also email three images (preferably 300dpi JPEGs of recent work with your application.
Closing dates for bursaries will be notified on Facebook and are published here on the website.
Please note you can only be awarded one bursary per annum. If you are unsuccessful you may of course still apply for other workshop bursaries. The bursary generally covers the cost of the workshop alone. Travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the applicant.
Superb venues are always being lined up around the country for the Workshop diary. Official workshops are subject to fees (apart from the AGM weekend, which is free). To express an interest in any of the workshops please contact Jennifer Bell SEA, • 0115 9812547. Bursary applicants please email – applicable closing dates are published with event information.