Superb venues have been lined up around the country for the 2016 Workshop diary. Official workshops (apart from the AGM weekend, which is free) are subject to fees, which are detailed per event as details are published.
To express an interest in any of the workshops please contact Jennifer Bell, • 0115 9812547. Bursary applicants please email the Secretary Debbie Dunbar, , with your applications by the closing dates listed below.
Saturday 8th – Sunday 9th October
Wiltshire Art Masterclass with Martin Yeoman
Cools Farm, Wiltshire SP3 6DB – with thanks to Mr and Mrs Quentin Edwards
SEA Members £75 per day • Non-members £85 per day including lunch and refreshments. Deposits required by 25th September. B&B is available at the farm and its cottages.
Home to Lionel Edwards’ grandson, there will be the opportunity to study Edwards’ art, subjects and painting style. Please contact Cools Farm directly to arrange accommodation, contact Maggie Edwards on 01747 830720 or email
Please request a booking form from Jennifer Bell: • t: 0115 9812547. Find out more…
Bursary Application deadline: 11th September
Don’t forget that bursaries are available from the SEA for each official workshop. To apply in the first instance email the Secretary Debbie Dunbar (see beow) with a short statement (up to 500 words) on:
- Who you are
- Which workshop you wold like to be considered for
- Why you are applying for a bursary
- How you feel attending the workshop will benefit you
- Please also email three images (preferably 300dpi JPEGS) of recent work with your application.
Closing dates for bursaries will be notified on Facebook, via Email and here on the website. Please note you can only be awarded one bursary per annum. The bursary covers the cost of the workshop. Travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the applicant. If you are unsuccessful you may of course still apply for other workshop bursaries. If you wish to apply for any of the workshops listed, please contact The Secretary, Debbie Dunbar by email: • T: 0300 0110 185.
- Saturday 10th – Sunday 11th September • ‘Painting Horses from Life’ with Jennifer Bell SEA
Munnings House Museum in collaboration with the SEA, At Munnings’ own house – Castle Hill, Dedham, Nr Colchester Essex CO7 6AZ
Another chance to be inspired by Munnings’ house and studio.
- Friday 19th – Sunday 21st August • ‘Horses – Structure and Movement’ with Michelle McCullagh SEA and Colin Allbrook RI RSMA SEA
HEROS Charity (Retraining and Rehoming ex-racehorses)
An opportunity to flex observational muscles and refresh your landscape skills. Ex-racehorses, youngstock and coloured horses to study.
- Saturday 9th – Sunday 10th July • Nottinghamshire ‘Painting Colour and Light’ • Tutor; Malcolm Coward HonSEA
Pinewood Stud, Widmerpool, Notts
The stud specialises in palominos, Arabs and interestingly-coloured gypsy cobs. The event involves pub lunches and a get together on the Saturday night.
- Saturday 25th – Sunday 26th June • ‘Painting Horses from Life’ with Malcolm Coward HonSEA
Munnings House Museum in collaboration with the SEA, at Munnings’ own house Castle Hill, Dedham, Nr Colchester Essex CO7 6AZ
£75 per day to include light lunch and refreshments.
- Friday 3rd – Friday 10th June • Residential Week Porlock Vale House, north Somerset
Summer Residential Week with Malcolm Coward HonSEA, Colin Allbrook HonSEA, RI RSMA and Barry Peckham ROI RSMA
Porlock Vale House, Porlock, Somerset
The ever-popular residential week now coincides with the SEA Cuneo Medal Exhibition at the Churchgate Gallery in Porlock.
- Saturday 7th – Sunday 8th May • Yorkshire Saturday
‘Horses in the Landscape’ with Robin Furness ASEA
Stanhow Farm, Great Langton, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL7 0TJ (near Scotch Corner)
Robin Furness is a font of knowledge on Sporting Art as well as an accomplished artist in his own right. Saturday evening pub meal. On-site accommodation available. Self-catering accommodation in a holiday cottage available.
- Late April Informal One Day Get-Together
Plein Air painting with local SEA tutors
Informal one day event capturing the landscape and ponies of the New Forest. Pub lunch.
- Saturday 9th – Sunday 10th April • AGM Weekend Newmarket
With sketching/painting opportunities at the British Racing School, the Gallops and Darley Stud, plus a tour of the new National Heritage Centre. Saturday evening pub meal.